Just took a gander at the secondary market for Phish’s New Years run. On Saturday the 29th, the night I had hoped to attend, the top asking price on Stubhub is now not far from 13 grand.
All posts tagged Concerts
Posted by Gillies on December 15, 2012
Grim words in the email inbox today:
We regret to inform you that you did not get the tickets that you requested through Phish Tickets.
Trey is playing in a week out in Silver Spring, and I’m really digging the new record. Just don’t know if I can do the schlep.
Posted by Gillies on October 17, 2012
This December, Phish returns to Madison Square Garden in New York, New York for a four-show Holiday/NYE Run to close out 2012. The band has played 23 shows to date at MSG. For the first time ever, the floor at these four Madison Square Garden shows will be general admission.
I put in for tickets.
Posted by Gillies on October 3, 2012
- Adrian Belew was in fine shape: solid voice, no trouble hitting high notes.
- I enjoyed The Crimson Projeckt, but the extra bassist seemed superfluous to me. Why have two bassists when you’ve got Tony Levin on stage?
- Staggering chops all around.
- Petrucci rotated through about five of his signature Music Man axes. Nice looking guitars, those. If I had a couple of extra grand to blow, I’d consider buying one.
- I thought Myung could have been a bit louder in the mix. His fingers were flying, but I had trouble making out the bass lines.
- Dream Theater’s light show was very good, even by Kuroda standards.
- LaBrie is quite a showman, in the classic classic rock fashion. He got the crowd going with some well-timed shout outs, waving of arms, etc. He also mentioned “the next record,” so I guess Dream Theater is headed into the studio.
Posted by Gillies on July 14, 2012
Posted by Gillies on June 20, 2012
From a recent email from Phish, promoting their upcoming shows in Atlantic City:
Years of marketing research and focus groups have revealed that Phish fans, given a choice of a wide variety of beverage options, often choose a fermented concoction made from cereal grains. The Beers of the World tent will be back at Bader Field with over 50 different kinds of beer available.
Posted by Gillies on June 12, 2012
[Whitesnake drummer Brian Tichy] says, “‘Bonzo’s Birthday Bash’ is the equivalent of a gong on fire on top of an erupting volcano next to a wildebeest migration complete with lurking, starving crocodiles and a fireworks finale across the river that not even the Olympics can rival.” The show, held May 31, would have marked Bonham’s 64th birthday.
Posted by Gillies on May 11, 2012
Posted by Gillies on May 2, 2012
Posted by Gillies on March 28, 2012